Call to Action on Forage Fish!
May 10th, 2017
The Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council has begun a Scoping Process to consider allowing giant trawlers to increase their excessive landings of forage species off the Mid-Atlantic region, specifically chub (Tinker) mackerel. Knowing how important that species and the other forage fish are to support the recreational billfish and tuna fisheries NOW is the time to email your comments to the Council to Chris Moore.
For your convenience, we have created a draft letter for your reference to write your own letter or to email here. Attached is our official comments as well for your review.
If you can, please attend and voice your concerns at one of the scoping meetings:
- Monday, May 15, 2017, 6:00-7:30 pm.Virginia Marine Resources Commission 4th Floor Meeting Room. 2600 Washington Avenue, Newport News, VA, 23607. Telephone: 757-247-2200.
- Tuesday May 16, 2017, 6:30-8:00 pm.Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort & Conference Center. 9100 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD, 21842. Telephone: 410-524-7777.
- Tuesday May 23, 2017, 6:30-8:00 pm. Congress Hall Hotel. 200 Congress Place, Cape May, NJ, 08204. Telephone: 888-944-1816.
- Wednesday May 24, 2017, 6:30-8:00 pm.University of Rhode Island Bay Campus, Corless Auditorium. 215 South Ferry Road, Narragansett, RI, 02882. Telephone: 401-874-6222.
- Wednesday May 25, 2017, 6:00-7:30 pm. Webinar. Audio and visual access available at http://mafmc.adobeconnect.com/chubscoping/. The webinar can also be accessed via phone by calling 1-800-832-0736, room #5068871.
Leave a comment using facebook